Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Is it considered breaking lease by not giving 30 day notice of moving due to cirstance even if lease is up?

The istant manager who was the former secretary asked over a month before the lease would be up if we were going to move to which I replied it was still unknown. Then when I returned to pay the rent for the final month I was asked again by the former ***. manager which I umed was the new manager to which I replied more than likely yes due to me having a baby soon and the income changing. They also called and asked I guess as a review to which I replied yes it's more definitive that we will have to. To which there was no real or questions. Yet as the bills rolled in it, we realized we didn't have enough to make next months rent, now no longer the leased rate even if we wanted to. So we applied somewhere else and they sent a rental verification form to the office. Who called so upset about not getting a 30 day notice that we were moving even though 2 out of 3 inquiries were answered "yes" ending with a definitive yes. The newly appointed manager alleges he came by to speak about the lease but I'm home all day and never got a visitor. I did happen to find a notice saying simply "your lease is up in a (hand written 30) days." No please call office or notify us. A letter telling me what I already knew. Now we will be out before next monday but will they have grounds for any legal recourse? They have at least 6 other apartments like our floor plan vacant and ready to move in, so we aren't hindering them from acquiring new tenants. If anything they are feeling the sting of yet another building being on the brink of becoming empty because their rent is simply too high.

No comments:

Post a Comment