Sunday, August 14, 2011

I feel so bad, ruined memories and miserable trip?

I guess I'm just hoping someone can help me feel better. We've been planning a family trip to our all time favorite vacationin since the beginning of the year. I used to come here with my grandparents (now deceased as of last year) and parents every year since I was 2 weeks old. Despite the fact that my grandparents have ped on we've decided to keep the tradition going. Well nearly everything that could go wrong on this trip has, I'll start at the beginning. On the way here our cargo carrier atop the car shredded to pieces in the wind and rain that was pouring relentlessly on the interstate drenching our clothing, as soon as I arrived at the hotel a medical condition of mine popped up causing me to spend 2 hours on the phone between doctors and pharmacies before finally getting a prescription set up here for me. My mother has lupus and has spent nearly the entire trip violently ill throwing up and such. The day after we arrived we all came down with terrible colds ( sore throats, unbearable coughing, stuffy nose sneezing etc.) that won't go away. And then the topper, my 2 year old daughter fell from the hotel bed last night and broke her arm. I'm sitting here now saddened and stressed because my babies are sick, I feel like crud, my mother hasn't gotten to enjoy herself the way I know she'd love to, I miss my grandparents and grieve for the good times I had with them here. I just feel like it will never be the same, and we are leaving tomorrow on this note. It's made me never want to come back here again and this is like my second home. My husband and children are sleeping and I'm just sitting here miserably sad, crying in the dark. What should I do? :/

No comments:

Post a Comment